The Round Robin portion of the 2020 WDF Virtual Cup is beginning. More information added how to follow the action and cup rules.
To follow all of the action on DartConnect
The Groups have been drawn for the 2020 WDF Virtual Cup. The 47 Nations that have entered the 2020 WDF Virtual Cup have been drawn into 8 groups for the Round Robin stage of this event.
Team Managers will be receiving an email with all of the details from our partners in this event, DartConnect prior to the start of play on October 4. The top 4 finishers in each group will advance to the Knockout Round of the Virtual Cup.
The Round Robin Groups
ISLE OF MAN
REPUBLIC OF KOREA
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
WDF Virtual Cup Rules
- Players must have a Dart Connect account and a Skype account that is connected to the email address provided on the registration forms.
- Cameras must show the entire board at all times throughout a match.
- If internet connection is lost and cannot be reconnected the match will resume at a later point from the leg score at the time the connection was lost, a leg in progress will be restarted. If this problem occurs please contact Matt Stoner immediately.
- The WDF reserve the right to remove any player from the tournament that is considered not to have behaved in a correct and proper manner
- Matches can only be streamed on USA Dart Productions
- Countries with official YouTube or Facebook pages that wish to stream round robin matches they can but absolutely no third-party streaming
General Playing Rules
- All matches shall be played 501, straight start, double finish.
- Darts must remain in the board till the score is recorded and verbally announced.
- Matches will be started using the following procedure:
- Every match must start with both players throwing nearest the bull.
- The person at the top of the match shall throw first for the bull.
- There must be a clear winner – bull, 25 or outside of bull are the only options.
- If there is tie, both players throw again but in the reverse order.
- All darts must be cleared after each throw.
- The winner of the throw at the Bullseye shall have the choice to throw first or second in the first leg and all alternate legs thereafter
- All group matches must be completed by 21-OCT-20
- Managers and players are asked to work together to finish prior to this date
- All players in a group will play each other once, including their fellow countryman.
- All group matches will be best of 5 legs.
- The top four finishers from each group will advance to the knockout bracket.
- Ties will be broken by leg difference then head to head match result
- Players will be asked to complete knockout matches within three days of the match being posted in the bracket and their receiving notification.
- Knock Out matches will be:
- Last 32 best of 7 legs
- Last 16 best of 7 legs
- Quarterfinals best of 7 legs
- Semi-finals best of 9 legs
- Final best of 11 legs
Points in the group stages will be awarded as follows:
- Group Winners shall be awarded five (5) points.
- Group Runners-up in each group shall receive three (3) points.
- Group Third-placed finishers shall receive two (2) points.
- Group Fourth-placed finishers shall receive one (1) point.
Group Stage Bonus Points
- One bonus point will be awarded for winning a match up to a maximum of nine bonus points
Knockout Stage Points
- 1st place = 28 points
- 2nd place = 21 points
- Joint 3rd = 15 points
- Joint 5th = 10 points
- Joint 9th = 6 points
- Joint 17th = 3 points
The country achieving the highest total of points shall be crowned the WDF Virtual Cup Champions. In the event of a tie for first place those countries shall be declared the Joint WDF Virtual Cup Champions.
The WDF Executive reserves the right to amend, add to, or delete, any of the WDF World Cup Rules at any time to meet any purposes deemed to be necessary by the WDF Executive.
Such changes may be made either before or during the event.